Alcohol is the universal drink whenever celebrationsor get together comes. Although it is considered as akind of chemical that has a formidable effect on thebody and it is not labeled as food. There are severalkinds of alcohol. There is alcohol that people useexternally and another that the body use internally.Drinkable alcohol is ethyl alcohol. Fermentation isthe process that is used to make the alcohol thatpeople drink. Even though alcohol is widely drank byalmost everyone, there are several healthconsiderations on what alcohol can do to our body.
How does alcohol affect the body?
- If a person drank only a small amount of alcohol, itcan make him feel relaxed.
- If a person drank more than what is expected, theremay have certain alterations with the person’sattitude and behavior. The person can do silly orviolent things and their movements become uncoordinated.
Truth is, when a person drinks alcohol, no matter howmuch the intake is, the only thing that is affected isthat person’s balance and coordination. That’s it. Itdoesn’t affect the way people think and speak. Whenalcohol goes into a person’s bloodstream, it slowsdown whatever messages that are coming into the brainbecause alcohol is a depressant drug. That’s why whenyou feel depressed and you drink alcohol, you willfeel more depressed.
Alcohol affects the liver badly. Especially if youmade alcohol drinking as part of your everyday living.When it goes to the system, it will take the liverabout 24-48 hours to excrete every single alcoholinside the body. When the liver can no longer cleanthe alcohol, it stays on the liver, thus diseases likeliver cirrhosis are produced.
There are several factors that can influence a personto drink alcohol:
- Peer pressure. If you’ve chosen a group of friendsthat drinks alcohol severely, it will seem that you’reout of place if you didn’t try even a sip. As long asyou are within the group, you’ll start to enjoy thetaste of alcohol and want more.
- Socialization. Gathering and celebrations alwaysentail alcohol drinking. It is very seldom that youencounter a party without alcohol.
- Curiosity. Kids often get curious with the wayadults drink alcohol. When they see their parentsdrinking, they will ask themselves a lot of things.And because the environment of laughter and cheers arevery inviting, there will come a time when they willtake the opportunity of trying too.
- Depression. Your boss hates you. Your girlfrienddumped you. You’re completely broke. When you arrivehome, there, you see the three bottles of beer sittingon top of your fridge. You grab it and start wonderinghow your life can end at the very moment. Duringsadness and melancholy times, a bottle of beer is youronly best friend.
Drinking alcohol can have its benefits and downfalls.It can greatly affect a person’s entire being and theway he deals with other people.
One very good benefit of alcohol is that it can dilateblood vessels with the prescribed amount by thedoctor. Thus, increasing the amount of blood thatflows around the body which is good for the heart.Realizing all the good and bad factors alcohol bring,it would be safe to say that if you can’t avoid ittotally, then for your personal health care, drinkmoderately.